Monday, December 8, 2008

DEFINITELY OR MAYBE??


A feel good romantic movie.


I also rewatched "Definitely, Maybe" for the second time, not on purpose. The thing I love most about this movie is the cast.

I really love Isla Fisher. She's so beautiful. But I just don’t like her directionless characteristic at the beginning of the movie. Overall, though, I like her live-life-as-it-goes thinking and I like how she always smiles so sweetly.


I also love Rachel Weist, even though in the movie, her character isn't one that many like. I mean, she plays a really strong, flirtatious, career driven woman. She is a journalist who wants to expose the truth and because of that, had caused her boyfriend's career. Well, I think I admire some parts of her character. I mean, she's a successful journalist and a very strong lady.


Ryan Reynold is quite hot...and I still think that he's just too young to be a father in the movie. Therefore, a chemistry is lacking between him and his daughter, played by Abigail Breslin.

Storybook title?: "Who's my Momma?"


The way the storyline is presented is also very interesting and creative. A father (Ryan Reynolds) tells a story about 3 women and have his daughter guess who her mother is. At least it is not a conventional and predictable storyline. It really kept me guessing also who the mother is.



M
ost memorable quote from the movie is made by Isla:

"It's not the right person, but the right time"


This is a quote which I have to agree, even though I hope is not true. Sometimes, even if you love someone with all your heart, if the timing is not right, you won't end up with that person. You will end up with someone you meet when you feel you're ready. So SAD...isn't it?

Well, I can only hope that the person I truly love will appear at the exact time when both of us are ready. If you are in actuarial science, could you be kind enough to tell me the probability of that happening? Lol

Anyway, I think this movie will be a great company on a lonely or dull Saturday or Sunday night. It is not like a great blockbuster, but it is mellow and sweet enough to get you all mushy and dreamy.

One thing though, IT IS NOT WHAT I'D CALL A ROMANTIC COMEDY...just Romantic...


TC-My Rating:








With LotSa Lurve,
TammyC



No comments:

Post a Comment

In-Sight MY-Movie

"I love movies for its subjectivity. A movie is debatable. A single scene can mean a million things and the fun part is talking about them."